View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #71
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: An Apology to Arians! I Was Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I think people are quick to forget just how bad Arians was. Our offense was horrible down the stretch, for sure, but I really think it was more due to poor execution. There were very few times we called a play that I just wanted to gouge my eyes out over, whereas with Arians it was always the situational playcalling itself that always seemed horrible.
This begs the question of was there one common denominator involved? ie - Tomlin?

Arians at his worst was known for run, run, pass, punt. He was also was sickly infatuated with the 2.5 yard per play bubble screen. I've seen Haley call the same garbage. Is Tomlin vetoing? Is he saying no, let's pound it again up the gut? Lets do a bubble screen? The steelers have spent two years or so setting up the bubble screen so that they could fake it and throw to Heath, one of the best play calls of the year IMO.

I'll say this though. The Steelers last championship season featured the best complimentary and situational football that the team has ever played.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote