View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #18
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: The scoring problem has nothing to do with the passing game

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I've been outspoken about his perceived attitude, and while I realize he's had a couple of great seasons - to me, he's equally had some hesitation and commitment issues - hence, doghouse twice in the time he's been here. For a first rounder, I'm just guessing here, the Steelers expected at least more commitment and less lack of focus. I just think we have a 50/50 chance of getting at least the same production out of someone else that is worth taking the risk of dropping some of the personality issues. Just my two cents.
Honestly I think Ray Lewis broke more than his shoulder blade. Mendenhall is hesitant and doesn't run with the determination of Redman. He still is talented enough to make plays. I don't think he is a great back but I think RB is a position that should be found later in drafts.

Mendenhall's personality issues involve his twitter account. I think people are blowing that way out of proportion. I could care less what he thinks. Tomlin is the one with a problem with Mendy. If Tomlin doesn't have a problem with him and he comes back I don't know why anyone else would.

There are a TON of bust RBs out there- Mendenhall isn't one of them. There is no guarantee that a RB will perform. Drafting one better than Mendenhall will be difficult and the pick is better spent elsewhere.

If I was Mendenhall I would be pissed. He is making less than 1M per year, hasn't had a leadblocking fullback, and gets nothing but crap in the media.

The NFL is full of guys with assaults, DUIs and drug possessions and fans hate Mendy because of his tweets....

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote