Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: The scoring problem has nothing to do with the passing game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Why don't you give the defense a break? Talking about their turnovers! Shame!

Steelers D has been in the top 10 in yards allowed and points allowed every year Ben has been in the league... and now they are getting older and you have the nerve to blame the D the first time they show they are human! Shaaaaaame!

Is it the same defense it was 3 years ago? Nope. Not nearly as good. Polamalu is getting older and Harrison is likely gone. They can't carry the D so now the D can't carry Ben. But you know what? They shouldn't have to.

How about the "top 5 quarterback" puts up one top 5 offense some time in the near future? He is going to have to do it in spite of his coordinators- they are only holding him back.

"Dear Steelers #1 Defense, you aren't doing enough. Please cause more turnovers and hold everyone to ten points a game. That way our quarterback can actually win games. He doesn't do so well if you score more than 20. Sincerely, a concerned fan."
I am concerned with the lack of turnovers, however, I do think it has a lot to do with masking the decline and adding additional coverage assignments for the OLBs, Safeties helping more often to aid in developing emerging corners. I saw way more aggression out of the defense the last 2 weeks so, I do think they are capable of getting back at least 40-50% of the turnovers, sacks they used to get. I really felt the defense was ready for a run based on the way they rectified corner coverage and the perimeter issues. Such a shame.

Ben absolutely needs to be the leader and find a way to get 1 season of elite offense going - we absolutely need him to make it happen with his crew for them to seek #7- it cannot be on his skill set alone.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote