Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,426 Times in 2,101 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: The scoring problem has nothing to do with the passing game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I can only offer my opinion, you and others feel free to give yours. Red Zone was Arians downfall, his teams moved the ball from 20-20 as well as anyone, (it did not help that we are usually near the bottom in starting field position, a product of poor ST and lack of TOs) When inside the 20 you have "shortened the field" and it becomes more difficult to pass the closer you get to the goal line. I.E, on the 20 you have 30 yds of space and on the 5 you have narrowed it to 15, DBs and LBers crowd the line eliminating short quick passes if possible. These situations favor an offense with either a. a competent running game, or b. recievers that are big, and or physical. Arians did not use Heath to his advantage in these situations and if you have paid attention the last few years you know we struggled in short yardage situations. I think if Arians was here to run the offense til we crossed the opponents 20 and then implemented Haleys offense we would of scored more often.
yes - you can say by record alone that we witnessed the worst TEAM since 2006, but 8-8 isn't a reflection of any one facet or coordinator alone.

If that were the case, Kordell's 13-3 squad was better than the 08 12-4 team. Record isn't any real indication of progress.

The Patriots game is a fine example of the red zone failures. We won, but were 2/5 in the red zone. God awful. It should have been by a larger margin.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote