View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #92
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: The Myth of Terry Bradshaw

Hey now just because I used Terry to show that Ben does not have ALL the talent around him, make no mistake Terry Bradshaw was talented, it was just a different time and a different game, (thanks Goodell) Terry did what he had to to win, Chuck Noll was an original hard nose HC , who believed in hardnosed football. While Terry was erratic at times, made some bone head plays, and like I said leave you scratching your head, he would pull out some of the most beautiful deep passes to strike quick. We were a pounder of the rock as the numbers show , but Terry was able to hit enough of those deep beauties to keep most defenses honest. And Lloyd it was not intention to tear down Terry, I was making a point that we were a different kind of team then and while I enjoyed those years and would love to see them again I do not believe another team can duplicate that style with that kind of success. Bashers of Ben do not view his body of work with any kind of rationale when comparing Ben to Terry. For example Jack Lambert was my favorite Steeler (surprised a bunch with that statement I bet) But to compare him to a Timmons or Woodley would not be fair to any party. Lambert was undersized but had the heart of a warrior, yet I wonder if today if he could even make any team, while with Timmons and Woodley size in the 70s would or should of been dominant. Different eras.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-02-2013)