View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,630 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Could we still be a contender if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
We lose all those players might as well call it a rebuilding year...
I agree, but I think some will be gone. I'm just wondering which are let go because of age/wear & tear, and which ones the FO will try hard to keep. Lewis is probably the most obvious of the bunch

I'm hoping that we can keep starks even if gilbert is expected to be the starting LT, for depth, but less optimistic that we can get him on the cheap for much longer since he's been playing awesome. mendenhall might be able to stay on the cheap because his comeback year was a disaster. colon is great when he's healthy, but his durability is a question mark. not to mention the penalties, he's basically another chris kemoeatu (who is much better at pass blocking though)

wallace is as good as gone. if he didn't punch his ticket already in the first 15 games, his decision to sit out in the final game was the nail in the coffin, cares about himself more than the team and the steeler FO doesn't want players like that.

keisel / hampton / harrison have all been total beasts in their tenure, unfortunately, NFL players have a shelf life and all have been declining. they may have 1-2 more years, but at what cost? and at that cost, does it help or hurt the team more?

foote is serviceable, not a pro bowl player, but can be brought back without breaking the bank if spence isn't ready to go.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote