View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,137 Times in 542 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Could we still be a contender if...

Not all of them. In Mendenhall, Colon (he's good but he never plays anyway), and Hampton we're not losing much at all, as Dwyer and Mclendon were both more productive and Foster was perfectly fine and has played more recently anyway. Harrison and Keisel have possible replacements lined up but it may take a year for Heyward and Worilds to adjust to being full-time starters. I think I would trust Allen to step up in the event Lewis was let go, but at the same time if THAT many players were released I would sure as hell hope Lewis could be re-signed.

Wallace's production, as much as I hate to admit, will be hard to replace, even after this off-year for him. He gets TDs, plain and simple, not many others do. I'm expecting him to leave but I think his absence will be more noticeable than many are expecting. There is NO reason for Starks to not return unless HE chooses to retire. He's earned the starting LT position and quite honestly I'd be insulted if I were him how every offseason plays out for him recently. He's done nothing but be consistently reliable and I'm not ready to just give that job to Gilbert yet. I'm still assuming Foote will be replaced in this draft, and hopefully Spence could play well for him if not.

We can lose a lot of people and still be a contender, but not everybody. We need to keep one of Lewis/Foote and one of Keisel/Harrison depending on who we draft, and IMO Starks NEEDS to be kept.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote