View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Free Agency should have a stigma attached to it.

Can't believe I'm going to agree with a Patriots fan. I jest obviously because you do raise some good points here. Anyhow, maybe stigma's not the word or what I'd do but I'll put it to you this way, I do respect the teams that build from within more than teams that go the big name FA route. It's why I actually dislike the local Redskins. They're not as bad as they used to be but man oh man was it annoying watching Snyder just get other teams' big names. Though I shouldn't complain because the stupid contract they gave Adam Archuletta made Ryan Clark expendible for them and Ryan's been a very good free safety for us and Arch's been out of the league for a few years now. Plus I think teams that from the ground up are more fun to watch anyhow. It's more fun to watch players come into the league together and stuff. I'm okay with using FA to plug the occasional hole but I think it's lame to use it as a means of building your team. And I have to admit while I intensely dislike your team, you do build your team the right way and that is admirable*
*Though not enough to make me even think to root for you in a playoff game ever, though I'm sure the feeling is mutual
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote