View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #13
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,971 Times in 3,376 Posts
Default Re: Free Agency should have a stigma attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
This is a dumb post. Stop agreeing with it.

Patriots have had more significant FA than any other team I can think of and they traded for Welker and Moss.

Not to mention acquiring Albert Haynesworth!!!

Torry Holt, Ochocinco, Joey Galloway, Junior Seau, Joseph Addai, Mike Vrabel, Bryan Cox, Roman Phifer, Victor Green, Rodney Harrison, Ty Poole, Rosevelt Colvin, Donte Stallworth, Adalius Thomas, Tory James, Shawn Spring, Rob Ninkovich, Leigh Bodden, Fred Taylor, Shaun Ellis, Brandon Lloyd.

There are some LEGENDARY players in there. Many of them past their prime but some weren't. In my mind the Patriots are the most active FA team in the NFL outside of the Redskins and Cowboys.

I'm not sure how you can pull the "Patriot Way" card here. You have had as many high-profile free agents as anyone.

Ryan Clark, Jerome Bettis, James Farrior, Kimo von Oelhoffen, Kevin Greene etc. have been vital to the Steelers success over the years. It is hard enough to win without trying to win a certain way.

Get off your soapboxes you idiots!
I don't follow the Pats. I was talking about the Steelers, who are known for building from within more than acquiring free agents to find success. I think that's something to be proud of as a Steelers fan.