View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #115
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Wow. I just showed how even Matt Cassel had success under Haley. More than he had running the Pats record setting offense of 2007. Cassel had more success under Haley than under Belichek.

"Well, if you're going to use stats - Matt Cassel had 27 TDs and 7 INTs. 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio. Using stats as a basis, like you are, means Matt Cassel wasn't the problem."

^^^ I changed your comment editing Ben's name and stats for Matt Cassel and his stats.

Would you stand before God and say that Matt Cassel is not the problem in Kansas City?
I would stand before God and say that those stats really don't tell you the entire story. I would also tell him much of the early season success was because of Ben's incredible third down conversion rate and not Haley's play calling. I would also tell him that Haley wasn't bossed around by those teams' ownerships as to what kind of offense he could run. I would tell him that both Whiz and Arians did better in their first years as OCs. I would also tell him that there are no excuses for Haley just as there were no excuses for Arians (who apparently still did better than Haley when shit happened).
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote