View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #118
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I would stand before God and say that those stats really don't tell you the entire story. I would also tell him much of the early season success was because of Ben's incredible third down conversion rate and not Haley's play calling. I would also tell him that Haley wasn't bossed around by those teams' ownerships as to what kind of offense he could run. I would tell him that both Whiz and Arians did better in their first years as OCs. I would also tell him that there are no excuses for Haley just as there were no excuses for Arians (who apparently still did better than Haley when shit happened).
Did Ben call the plays on 3rd down and Haley call them on 1st and 2nd? Am I missing something?

Haley WAS bossed around as to what offense he could run by the HEAD COACH who controls those sort of things. Haley did not earn the privilege to call plays until late in his first year in Arizona. Haley WAS bossed around by Tomlin. TOP being the be-all and end-all comes from Tomlin. Period.

Haley did better this year than Arians did last year in scoring points and red zone %. That is what he was brought in to do. I could care less about Arians amazing 2007 season where Ben put up huge numbers in the regular season and got bounced out of the playoffs on the strength of 42 throws and a pick 6.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote