Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,083 Times in 2,604 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 2013 Steelers Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Hood is good. He is coming into his own. 42 tackles and 3 sacks is respectable. He is no Aaron Smith but who is?
exactly, I've been trying to tell people that. anyone expecting hood to be aaron smith in his prime is setting themselves up for a letdown. smith is easily one of the best 3-4 DE's of alltime.

anyway concerning the draft:

we don't need to go corner if we can keep lewis, we are set there. ike/lewis are a strong tandem, and cortez allen is money as a nickel back. he even proved he can handle the heat on the outside if needed. I still haven't lost hope in curtis brown, i think he could pan out with more experience.

safety would be good to address somewhere in the draft.

outside backer might be a position of need because of harrison's future, but i'm not sure we'll go that route. worilds has been good this year in the time he's been given, and although woodley had a down year, i think he can rebound. we might be OK at this spot.

inside backer, we have foote who is serviceable, if we can land a stud at this position then do it because I'm not sure how spence's recovery is going after literally destroying his knee. he might not ever play football again, that was a totally devastating injury for a player that relies on speed and quickness.

we have a need at running back, especially if mendenhall can't be kept in pittsburgh, but that might be better addressed through free agency because there's no backs in this draft that really stand out to me.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote