pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: PPG: Steelers Report: A Look Back At Disappointing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
You've obviously never been a parent.

You can have a nannie, or wetnurse or whatever, but when that baby so much as "cooos" and makes a sound-- you wake up. That is father's instinct-- been ingrained into our nature far longer than throwing footballs has been.

Whether you have a nannie or not-- being a new father CHANGES EVERYTHING. Mentaly, emotionally, and even hormonally.

Besuides the sleep-- do you honestly think Ben's pmental priority the last month or two has been to make sure he logs extra time in the filmroom everyday, and studying his new Haley-infused playbook? Or could it have changed to "I want to go home to be with my son"?

Pro football is such a competitive sport, that even a slight mental lapse on the part of a crucial position like QB can result in one or two bad throws per game-- and that is the difference between being 8-8 and 10-6.

Sorry but I have a one and a 5 year old. I spend every second awY from work with them and my job never suffered foe one second because of them. I'm sure there are a few parents that can't handle parenting and work but I'm not one of them and I wouldn't expect a professional athlete who really only needs to give it his all one day a week to be one either