Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,914 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: PPG: Steelers Report: A Look Back At Disappointing Season

If Ben made Haley look better and is so responsible for the outcome of an offense - Ben needs to do a better job of making people look better.

You can't make claims like that and then come back and say he has to do it because he's handcuffed. Ben is capable to improve - which he absolutely must do for the offense to become elite for once.

Enough of the marty ball stuff - I've witnessed Ben go for the home run many times when all he had to do was check down, run to the open space 3 yards in front of him for the 1st down, and have seen Brown and Heath wide open for a 10-12 yard gain and see Ben take a sack cause he didn't have the time he wanted to go for the air raid. Ben has been responsible for getting sacked out of field goal range on at least a few occasions because he refuses to throw the ball away or take what the defense gave him. Sure - his skill set has produced some of my favorite memories of him - it is simply not enough anymore.

If he's so responsible for success of an offense - I'd say its a mixed bag - his skill set is something you are relying your whole debate on - and guess what - not 1 elite or even efficient offense has been produced from that skill set alone. He needs a coordinator to help him understand there is more to the QB position than guts. It isn't enough to get to where they need to go - he needs to take his game to the next level on top of the skill set he already has.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
lardlad (01-04-2013)