Re: The DL dilemma
- Teams used to run at Keisel to stay away from A Smith. Keisel was gotten MUCH better against the run. Give time for Hood to continue to improve- he made a lot more plays in 2012 than he was given credit for.
- LeBeau does scheme around his personnel. That is why pressure came from Timmons and Foote this year- Woodley didn't get it done and Harrison has been injured.
- The defense has been top 10 for the last 13 seasons not sure how much it needs to be changed.
- Turnovers will come when players in this defense make plays. Polamalu and Harrison generated 30 turnovers in 2008 and 2010 when the Steelers were near the top of the league.
- This draft will be defense-heavy including a first round pick that will address either the OLB or S position and set the D up to continue using the same philosophy based on having the same strengths in personnel.
- Heyward, Hood and McLendon have become the most productive DL members. Hardly a dilemma.