SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,765 Times in 4,803 Posts
Default Re: The DL dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikstar View Post
So yes let's fire our D-coordinator who is literally by all accounts of measurements both currently and in the recent past #1 in the league. He must be predictable and ineffective. He's only the best
Quote me where I said 'fire him'. I didn't say fire him, I said that his scheme is ineffective and predictable which, by players admission , is. Rivers and Romo both go for over 300 yards against our secondary? That's bullshit and shouldn't happen. Oh, it's funny, both of those guys are absolute turnover machines and throw picks like there's no tomorrow, but our secondary didn't get a single interception. Our defense didn't force a single turnover in those games.

Something's gotta give. Did it work 5 years ago? Sure. However, it started to fall apart in the Super Bowl against the Packers and we just haven't rebounded. Someone that knows how to use the talent that is given to them and generate turnovers and sacks would be appreciated.

However, all that said, I wouldn't hate it if he was around next year. I mean, pinning the lack of turnovers on LeBeau can only be credited so far and at some point, the players have to step up and be accountable as well. If around next year, his scheme needs to be updated and dusted off. Giving up all those yards to two underwhelming and borderline bad Quarterbacks isn't acceptable.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote