Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,428 Times in 7,362 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
For years I have really liked what Tony Pauline sees in players. most of the time our assessments are similar (Tyson Jackson for instance). I actually like Van Noy better for the Steelers.

Pauline has a 2nd round grade on Skov and a later round grade on Van Noy right now.

Shayne Skov, LB -- Stanford: Skov was graded as a potential first-round pick at the start of the 2011 season before a knee injury during the third game ended his season. His return to form was slow this seaso, yet Skov has gotten stronger each week. His performance during the upset victory over Oregon was nothing less than dominant. The ferocious linebacker led the Cardinal with 10 tackles and single-handedly stopped an Oregon scoring opportunity in the first quarter. While the draft world is abuzz about the prospects of middle linebacker Manti Te'o being a top 12 choice, many scouts feel Skov in Round 2 could be better value.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2H84a9oEK
While I had the round incorrect, I had the right players. In September, I was thinking:
R2: Elam
R3: Skov

Now, it looks like, if the Steelers want those two players, it would have to look more like this:
R1: Elam*
R2: Skov

*(Maybe trading back, because while I like Elam, I think that 17 is too early to take him.)

Regardless of reality, I hope it goes like this (with possible trade ups in both R2 & R3):
R1: Jordan/Mingo
R2: Elam
R3: Skov
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote