View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #126
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Mingo's strength is a little bit of an issue, but his speed makes him enough of an asset for him to start over anyone we have. He'll bulk up eventually but he's quick and agile enough to make plays until he's strong enough.

Not liking Jordan because you 'don't know' isn't legitimate, sorry. There are things to not like, but you gotta find something specific that we can talk about.

Okafor is a very good player and he'll have a very good career. However, he doesn't have the speed or potential that Jordan and Mingo have. He's a solid prospect, but he doesn't show elite skills or ability and doesn't excel in any area.

Dion Jordan will be an NFL bust unless he is put in a 4-3 defense and only comes in on 3rd downs. He can not play the run AT ALL. I will put a vid up if I can find it again of him getting blocked by a 5'9 WR on a run play. (Yes, he is athletic enough in space to cover). Jordan is good in space but TERRIBLE against blockers. He can not play 3-4 OLB in the Steelers defense.

LSU defensive players are better coached. I like both Mingo as an OLB and Kevin Minter as an ILB. I don't like Eric Reid I think he is Taylor Mays-lite. Reid is slow to react to plays and is not a fluid player. Reid stands in one spot until he figures out what is going on (which takes him a while) then runs in a straight line to the ball.

Shayne Skov is slow. Look how bad Mauleuga looked today against the Texans. He got burned all day by TEs and is a huge reason why the Bengals lost the game. Larry Foote is faster than Shayne Skov. Skov is the antithesis to Sean Spence- I don't see him as an option either.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote