SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Dion Jordan will be an NFL bust unless he is put in a 4-3 defense and only comes in on 3rd downs. He can not play the run AT ALL. I will put a vid up if I can find it again of him getting blocked by a 5'9 WR on a run play. (Yes, he is athletic enough in space to cover). Jordan is good in space but TERRIBLE against blockers. He can not play 3-4 OLB in the Steelers defense.

LSU defensive players are better coached. I like both Mingo as an OLB and Kevin Minter as an ILB. I don't like Eric Reid I think he is Taylor Mays-lite. Reid is slow to react to plays and is not a fluid player. Reid stands in one spot until he figures out what is going on (which takes him a while) then runs in a straight line to the ball.

Shayne Skov is slow. Look how bad Mauleuga looked today against the Texans. He got burned all day by TEs and is a huge reason why the Bengals lost the game. Larry Foote is faster than Shayne Skov. Skov is the antithesis to Sean Spence- I don't see him as an option either.
It's funny - every time I post something I come back to the thread, and holy shit, LloydWoodson has disagreed with me. Well, that doesn't surprise me.

So, you're lecturing me about a guy I've seen every game of but you admitted you 'don't watch college football'? No, that shit isn't happening right now. If you don't watch college ball, don't tell me what prospects are worth something. He isn't 'terrible against blockers' and needs to put on size and build strength - something I've already said.

Everything you just said about Jordan also applies to Barkevious Mingo. He isn't strong enough to disengage blockers but has the speed to get around them. Is this a joke? I feel like I'm living in the fucking twilight zone right now.

Here's a tip: if you don't watch college ball, don't come in here and add your two cents based on YouTube videos.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote