View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #129
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Mingo strength is a big factor at the next level tackles will eat him up in the run game. Florida had tremendous success at running the ball to his side. Dj flunked bama tackle who isn't know for his pass protection shut him down. For someone who is one dimensional isn't worth our pick at 17. Whatever team he goes to nfl teams should run at him and have plenty of success.

Jordan is in the same boat. He doesn't use his hands well on blockers and when he gets locked on to he struggles to shed off blockers. He relies on his speed and athleticism to much and doesn't process much else when he rushes.

I see and know they both have potential but I'm not sure i would want draft someone at 17 hoping they get stronger to be able to take on blockers.

Okafor excels at both his bull rush and speed rush and uses his hands extremely well to get around blockers and has multiple push rushing moves. And sites that list prospects and have 40 times on them (given I don't know where they get them but none the less has some credibility to it, so take it with a grain of salt) hav mingo in the 4.6 and Jordan and okafor 4.7.

Again I think 17 might be to high for okafor as well I just see him being a lot better prospect who isn't raw.
I also like Okafor better ... He's like a Woodley clone ... and with them both coming off the edge it would Collapse pockets on QBs, at least that's my 2 cents ...

I have questions about his ability to drop back in coverage though
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote