StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts
Default Re: Ben admits he rushed back too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Mike Wallace was TRIPLE COVERED. The Dallas coverage cheated to his side. When the ball got there, there were three white jerseys within a yards of Wallace. Ben's bonehead decision making shines through again.
I was at Dallas. Wallace was NOT triple covered. They had coverage rolled, but they actually gave up that sideline throw. In my honest opinion, if you're going to throw an out to the sidelines, you better be 110% confident it's going to get there. If not, it's going to be jumped and picked. Same with a fade ball. Going in, you know you're going to throw it but once the ball leaves your hands, you have a very low percentage of completing it if 1 thing fails.

Ben was throwing that ball. He wasn't going anywhere else. It's a first read, chuck, throw and put it there. Ben dropped back, tried to time it, put his heel on the turf, let it go and unfortunately, it was a tad behind Wallace and that's all she wrote. It was a bad timed throw. The throw was there, it could have been completed but that little bit of an inside miscue did us in. It happens. Shaub did the SAME EXACT thing on Cincy's pick 6 yesterday.