Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Steelers face more questions than answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post

1. ADDRESS THE RUNNING GAME

Only once in 45 years have they run the ball as poorly as they did this season. They‘ve used a first-round pick on a lead runner only once since 1989; they might have to do it again.

“You‘ve got so much invested in that quarterback (Ben Roethlisberger) that (a running back) would be a wise investment,” former Redskins and Cowboys general manager Charley Casserly said.

2. FIND A WAY TO STAY HEALTHIER

Staying injury-free isn‘t always staying lucky; often it‘s the residue of training hard, training long and training right. For LaMarr Woodley, linebackers coach Keith Butler said that means a greater emphasis on getting his hamstrings in shape. For Troy Polamalu, it could be as simple as staying slimmer in the offseason.

“I think winning eight games with all the injuries they had is almost mind-boggling, to do as good as they do,” Casserly said. “To me, the No. 1 issue with this team was being decimated by injuries.”

3. STABILIZE THE O-LINE

An offense that ranked only 22nd in scoring was never more efficient than it was when the oft-disrupted line stayed intact during a four-game midseason winning streak. Maybe that means finding a veteran-type lineman like Max Starks to provide some consistency until Mike Adams, Marcus Gilbert and Kelvin Beachum settle in. Or maybe it means they can‘t count on the frequently injured Willie Colon any longer.
Very nice post, thanks. I think that these three are essential for getting back to being successful. Fix these three problems and we're going to be ok.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (01-06-2013)