steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Tired of Being in Cap Hell Every Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
^^^ Boo this man! Boooooo!

Harrison had 9 sacks in 11 games last season. That is hardly dead weight. He had 5 sacks in his last 7 games- it took Harrison a long time to come back from his injuries. Harrison is 34 years old and is producing in spite of multiple back and knee surgeries and is dead weight?

Is it a coincidence that the defense played well "down the stretch" when Harrison started producing and Troy came back?

Yes Troy and Debo need to renegotiate to help the team but the "what have you done lately" attitude of some fans gets old fast.

I just don't trust that Harrison at age 35, coming off his knee and back injuries, will be able to live up to his last year of his contract, which goes up to a $7M base next season. He was mostly invisible this year. Troy has been the dead weight for 2 seasons now.

These used to be our guys that put pressure and forced the other teams into turnovers, which made them worth every penny. Now, not so much. Our D has forced the least amount of TO's in the league the last 2 years and the injuries and lack of production from these 2 guys can be directly attributed to it.

They are being paid like stars and not performing at that level. I realize it's injury related, but that's the business side of it. The Steelers parted ways with Woodson, Porter, Lloyd, and many other star defensive players, because in the end it is all about what have you done for me lately. Wish it wasn't this way, but with 47 man rosters and a tight salary cap you can't carry guys.

Lastly, down the stretch that defense didn't look that good against the Chargers or the Cowboys. They did look good against the Bengals and the Browns 3rd string QB though.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote