View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24550
Default Re: Free Agency should have a stigma attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
cheap? The Steelers pay money to players they want to invest in. For example, Roethlisberger, Harrison, Polamalu. I don't know why they don't invest in more big name Free Agents. I've always assumed that they don't want to risk paying big money to somebody who is only motivated to get that one big payday, and be worthless. That's not being cheap, they just don't use their money foolishly.

complacent? I'm not sure what you mean by that. I think this team is always looking to get better (especially after an 8-8 season).
Maybe cheap might not be the right word.
In the Donahoe years the Steelers never resigned anybody. Now they have gone to the other extreme and resign too many mediocre players because they "know the system" supposedly. Trai Essex for example, or Lawrence Timmons, Lamar Woodley. Then they refuse to acknowledge that age is a factor with unrealistic expectations. And too complacent in free agency. The Front Office tries to act like they're drafts will provide them with the same quality of players as a couple free agents here and there.
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote