El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,298 Times in 647 Posts
Default Re: Steelers’ offensive front may see familiar faces leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
You do know he was a rookie right?

Add some experience to the two rookies that played on our O-line this past year.. along with Pouncey and Gilbert... I think we will have a very good O-line in the near future.

BTW... everyone is so concerned about losing Wallace. I've seen Brady and Manning play at very high levels with less then Sanders and Brown. Why do we need Wallace so bad? We can't replace Wallace? If our offense can't handle losing Heath Miller and Wallace next year... then I'll say it.. Ben is not so good after all.

IMO our running game needs a healthy O-line (obviously) and a better RB. Our RB's showed flashes of being starters... but none of them could do it consistently... that makes me think someone with more talent could excel on our team....especially with a healthy O-line.
I dont think we will pay Wallace and he will leave. Not that big of a deal as he wasnt a huge factor this season anyways.

As for Brady and Manning doing better with lesser receivers............they make guys like Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Julian Edelmann, Troy Brown, etc look like good WR's. Ben Roethlisberger does not do that with anybody that I can recall. He's a top tier QB, but not the kind of guy that makes players around him better performers.