Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,988 Times in 3,517 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Who's the Better Leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
If Ben wins another Super Bowl, I think he will be the only offensive starter from the 2005 champs. That would be an accomplishment.
That's because he keeps getting surrounded by dozens of HOF offensive players. They just don't stay around very long. If it weren't for all these incredibly talented players, Ben would hardly ever win a game.

I haven't voted, and I probably won't. As I've said in multiple posts, I love both these guys and what they've helped our team accomplish. I know Ben has had his issues. That has been well documented here. Terry played great in big games, no doubt about it. But the difference in talent level is staggering. Ben has done more with MUCH less. I also understand supporting Terry, but he was not a leader on that team. Many times he sulked in the locker room, and he was legendarily insecure. That doesn't sound like a great leader to me. The 70's teams had so much talent and leadership everywhere, that his support system was superior. Ben had a great leader like Bettis, but nowhere near the number of true profussionals Terry had standing beside him.

In the end, I'm just happy we have had a chance to watch and root for both of them. I don't think many are going to know how good Ben is until he's not playing anymore. That's the sad thing about this, and what we should learn from how history has treated Terry Bradshaw.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote