View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #32
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
If Stevenson hasnt shown he has earned a shot by now and Sean Spence was a 3rd round pick last year..........Sylvester is nothing more than a special teamer(like I said this preseason).

Hampton, Foote, Starks can all walk. Harrison should be restructured because we really dont have much behind him other than Worilds and Chris Carter. If Steelers let Harrison go, then they draft an OLB high and deal with Woodley and Worilds at OLB.....which isnt great.

Larry Foote could sign for vet minimum and backup Spence and Timmons, but I really hope he doesnt start next season.
And when Harrison got cut by the Steelers, then cut by the Ravens and re-signed by the Steelers it means he is a bad football player right?

I mean... the infallible Steelers FO never makes a mistake right?

Guess what? Sly blew his knee out in August 2012 as he was competing to be the starting ILB. Maybe he would have beaten Foote out who knows.

Foote is still starting because he is a 10 year veteran who knows the defense better than anyone and he is a sure tackler in gaps. Foote is terrible in coverage and in the open field where Sly would excel- freeing up Timmons to blitz more often or play spy.

Sly has only 22 tackles for his career... and he has forced 4 fumbles.

This is a team that is known for favoring veteran players so don't pretend a young player sitting is a condemnation of their talents.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote