View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #9
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: RGIII has partially torn ACL and LCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
The best thing about RGIII's performance on Sunday was his postgame interview. A guaranteed controversy was brewing in Washington- should Shanahan have played an injured RGIII? RGIII handled the questions thrown at him better than I have ever seen. NFL Network reported exactlywhat RGIII wanted them to: every analyst repeated verbatim "RGIII should have been in the game because he is the best option at quarterback for that team." My God he made life easy for his coaches!

He maintained the team's positive direction while completely shielding his coaches from criticism, and Washington's coaches should have been criticized. Honestly, who calls designed running plays for a franchise quarterback with partial ACL and MCL tears???? RGIII should have let his coaches have it both barrels but he kept the entire team in mind and made the absolute best of the season giving the Skins something to build on. Amazing that in this day in age a quarterback risks tens of millions of dollars just to win a wild card game.
Good points. I never considered what you said in the first paragraph but you're absolutely right - the media was parroting him word for word.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote