Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #33
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,324 Posts
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
And when Harrison got cut by the Steelers, then cut by the Ravens and re-signed by the Steelers it means he is a bad football player right?

I mean... the infallible Steelers FO never makes a mistake right?

Guess what? Sly blew his knee out in August 2012 as he was competing to be the starting ILB. Maybe he would have beaten Foote out who knows.

Foote is still starting because he is a 10 year veteran who knows the defense better than anyone and he is a sure tackler in gaps. Foote is terrible in coverage and in the open field where Sly would excel- freeing up Timmons to blitz more often or play spy.

Sly has only 22 tackles for his career... and he has forced 4 fumbles.

This is a team that is known for favoring veteran players so don't pretend a young player sitting is a condemnation of their talents.
Sylvester plays too high, he overruns plays because of his high center of gravity and to me looks like he would be a better OLB. He was a late round pick and somewhat of a mismatch of skills and size for ILB. He was a project that could at least play special teams well.

I dont see him as being anything more than a special teamer and if he had any development he would have got his chance by now.