Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: 2013: Career Crossroads For Ben Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
The injury derailed everything. Even with the injuries to the OL, I think he would have played better down the stretch had he never gotten hurt.

Still put up a damn good statistical year, but lost something the last four games.

Unfortunately, this is the rule, not the exception. Guy gets banged up every single year.
Couldn't agree more - especially your last statement. Our fave team needs to continue to find ways to keep those big fellas in front of him healthy (or healthy enough anyways)

Also though, while I believe in a scheme that doesn't over-emphasize 7 step drops and holding onto the ball for the play to develop and win by a supporting cast - they can't play too timid either with Ben, because he will get hurt playing that way too - we want him to go balls out.

That said - he was the lead MVP candidate in my eyes before the injury. I think we were heading in the right direction. Here's to picking up where we left off at 5-3 heading into KC
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote