Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,999 Times in 1,935 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
FanSince72 are you OK? You just went off on a huge tangent not based whatsoever in fact. It's OK Ben and Bruce can still be friends. Ben is allowed to talk Bruce as much as he wants in his personal life: they can bake cookies together, hold hands or go watch Twilight movies together the sky is the limit.

Before Arians arrived in Pittsburgh the Steelers had finished 20th or worse in points scored only one time since 1990. Arians finished that poorly twice in five years. Haley is on the chopping block now because his offense is just as bad. Do you feel that the Steelers have the talent to be a top 10 offensive team and are underachieving? I sure do.

A business decision was made. Arians was fired because his offense got worse over his final four years not better. Live with it and move on. Haley will be fired at the end of next season if the offense doesn't produce. The only reason Arians stayed in Pittsburgh as long as he did was his relationship with Ben. That is a poor way to run a billion dollar business.
and really, I don't mean to pour on FanSince72, I really wouldn't have minded Arians staying if I saw progress - and, I did see the relationship getting in the way of what was best for the team - i wish Arians the best - but, I think it is silly how much is made of him when IMO, there isn't any proof that he is one of the big reasons why we won - in fact, I'd argue we won in spite of him because of the talent on offense and a dominant defense

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote