View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #23
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703
Default Re: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
FanSince72 are you OK? You just went off on a huge tangent not based whatsoever in fact. It's OK Ben and Bruce can still be friends. Ben is allowed to talk Bruce as much as he wants in his personal life: they can bake cookies together, hold hands or go watch Twilight movies together the sky is the limit.

Before Arians arrived in Pittsburgh the Steelers had finished 20th or worse in points scored only one time since 1990. Arians finished that poorly twice in five years. Haley is on the chopping block now because his offense is just as bad. Do you feel that the Steelers have the talent to be a top 10 offensive team and are underachieving? I sure do.

A business decision was made. Arians was fired because his offense got worse over his final four years not better. Live with it and move on. Haley will be fired at the end of next season if the offense doesn't produce. The only reason Arians stayed in Pittsburgh as long as he did was his relationship with Ben. That is a poor way to run a billion dollar business.
Absolutly right about that one. A Friend really? A QB needs the Offensive Coordinator as a friend?

Arians Offense didn't produce well enough so he had to go. Ben definitly needs a Coordinator to hold him a little bit and didn't let him do everything he wants. Should Haley give Ben a little more freedom? I think so. And I don't think the season was very good. But you can't let Haley go after just one season. In fact we did produce well till Ben got injured.

I think though Haley has to change to be productive the next season because right now I believe Ben doesn't trust in Haleys offense. They have to sit together in the summer and get things worked out.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote