steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,855 Times in 1,374 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Absolutly right about that one. A Friend really? A QB needs the Offensive Coordinator as a friend?

Arians Offense didn't produce well enough so he had to go. Ben definitly needs a Coordinator to hold him a little bit and didn't let him do everything he wants. Should Haley give Ben a little more freedom? I think so. And I don't think the season was very good. But you can't let Haley go after just one season. In fact we did produce well till Ben got injured.

I think though Haley has to change to be productive the next season because right now I believe Ben doesn't trust in Haleys offense. They have to sit together in the summer and get things worked out.
it is absolutely important for Haley to work with Ben and hear what his likes/dislikes/grips are on many levels - I believe Ben should have some input into what plays should be featured

However, what I believe is good for the team, and what Ben consistently wants, is a huge difference in how you run an offense - and I believe the former is more important than what the QB wants.

People bring up Brady's supposed exorbitant input into the offense - and it is probably there more than most - but, guys like Brady and Rogers both are noted to publicly appreciate what a different voice brings to the table - and, those views are probably more in line with what a O-coordinator would want "in today's NFL"

In "today's NFL" you need a student of the game during the no-huddle, and you need someone that is going to buy into a plan of attack that releases the ball quickly, and takes what the defense gives you - not hoping on improv - and while that's something I value in Ben - I want to see more than that from him

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-09-2013), Steeler7BR (01-09-2013)