Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: RGIII has partially torn ACL and LCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
The problem is not that he allowed Shanahan to start him against the Cowboys IMO. As Andrews said RG3 cleared all the tests so there's no point to stop Shanahan. But he's curious and clearly stated that there was a risk. The Redskins took it, fine. But the coach should be closely monitor the situation. If you watched the game against the Seahawks, you knew that RG3 was clear not right after the first quarter. At that time there was no reason not to pull him. It's all on the coach.
If my doctor says he is holding my breath if I do not get a heart bypass but does not tell me I should get a heart bypass that is not of much use if I have a heart attack

I agree it is on Shanahan for not pulling RGIII but if Andrews was covering for himself by claiming he did not have a chance to examine Griffin before he went back into the Baltimore game, what is his explanation for not examining him after anyone watching the game on TV could see Griffin's knee was reinjured at the end of the 1st quarter of the Seattle game

Plenty of blame to go around here
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote