Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,134 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: 2013: Career Crossroads For Ben Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
While that's all true, you have to look at the era he plays in, and the way the league is going. Voters will do that when it's time to induct. Ben will be compared to Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Rivers, RGIII, Rodgers, Luck, Carson Palmer, Newton, Andy Dalton, Flacco, and on and on. We all know Peyton and Brady make it. They can't induct them all though, so now they start ranking.

Palmer is shit, but he has as many passing yards as Ben. Flacco could end up with SB rings, even though he's shit. Rodgers and RGIII are huge media darlings. Unless they both fizzle out in a big way, they'll be looked on more favorably than Ben. Now things are really getting close. IMO, if everything goes on as it is today, Ben has to beat Eli Manning for a HOF spot. If Eli ends up at 3 rings but Ben doesn't, Eli gets in and Ben does not.

The league is moving towards fast play, big passes, and high scores. Ben will need stat lines to match that if he wants to be in the HOF. New QB's coming into the league will be putting up more and more yards and points, so he'll stand out less and less if he doesn't have a few more big seasons. While he may bring unique play to the position, it's not a unique style that the wider fanbase likes, so I don't think it will do much for him. Otherwise he would be the guy pimping shoes and car insurance on national TV instead of trying to sell bottles of sauce at Giant Eagle.
If the Rooney's wouldn't handcuff him, he might have been able to score the Uncle Charlie's sausage deal early in the game, instead of waiting at the last minute to bail out the local meat and produce economy . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (01-09-2013)