Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,623 Times in 10,389 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
The Steelers can just draft 7 LBs and everyone will be happy.....until September rolls around and the Steelers have no RB,no TE and no backup for Ben
That would be awesome!!!

I am obviously being "tongue in cheek", but I do recall that for their red-zone defense, there was a package that the Taperiots used that had nine linebackers on the field.

I hear your concerns, but there are a few things to consider.

1. When the O-line was healthy, those scrub RBs ran at will on the NYGiants.

2. When BB was healthy, the Steelers were scoring well enough. Obviously, we all want betetr, but remember: a completed pass to Heath Miller, on third down, at the end of both the Tennessee & the Oaklnd games ices those games (making the Steelers 8-1).

3. There is no R1 RB. But, there is a bevy of R2-R4 RBs... but... are they any betetr than Dwyer & Redman??? I'm not sure...

4. The pass rush was horrible. I rememebr the days of Greg Lloyd on third down... you KNEW it was going to be a sack or a strip-sack or a forced bad throw (that either ended the drive or caused a turnover). I want those days back.

5. This draft is rife with defensive talent.

6. The current roster has good offensive talent that either was injured (QB, OL) or underperformed (WRs).

7. I agree: the injury to Heath might force a TE pick early in this draft. I was thinking that maybe Ertz might slip to 47ish. But, with that said, I would still rather go for a safety in that round.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote