Originally Posted by casteeler
The Steelers can just draft 7 LBs and everyone will be happy.....until September rolls around and the Steelers have no RB,no TE and no backup for Ben
That would be awesome!!!
I am obviously being "tongue in cheek", but I do recall that for their red-zone defense, there was a package that the Taperiots used that had nine linebackers on the field.
I hear your concerns, but there are a few things to consider.
1. When the O-line was healthy, those scrub RBs ran at will on the NYGiants.
2. When BB was healthy, the Steelers were scoring well enough. Obviously, we all want betetr, but remember: a completed pass to Heath Miller, on third down, at the end of both the Tennessee & the Oaklnd games ices those games (making the Steelers 8-1).
3. There is no R1 RB. But, there is a bevy of R2-R4 RBs... but... are they any betetr than Dwyer & Redman??? I'm not sure...
4. The pass rush was horrible. I rememebr the days of Greg Lloyd on third down... you KNEW it was going to be a sack or a strip-sack or a forced bad throw (that either ended the drive or caused a turnover). I want those days back.
5. This draft is rife with defensive talent.
6. The current roster has good offensive talent that either was injured (QB, OL) or underperformed (WRs).
7. I agree: the injury to Heath might force a TE pick early in this draft. I was thinking that maybe Ertz might slip to 47ish. But, with that said, I would still rather go for a safety in that round.