casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That would be awesome!!!

I am obviously being "tongue in cheek", but I do recall that for their red-zone defense, there was a package that the Taperiots used that had nine linebackers on the field.

I hear your concerns, but there are a few things to consider.

1. When the O-line was healthy, those scrub RBs ran at will on the NYGiants.

2. When BB was healthy, the Steelers were scoring well enough. Obviously, we all want betetr, but remember: a completed pass to Heath Miller, on third down, at the end of both the Tennessee & the Oaklnd games ices those games (making the Steelers 8-1).

3. There is no R1 RB. But, there is a bevy of R2-R4 RBs... but... are they any betetr than Dwyer & Redman??? I'm not sure...

4. The pass rush was horrible. I rememebr the days of Greg Lloyd on third down... you KNEW it was going to be a sack or a strip-sack or a forced bad throw (that either ended the drive or caused a turnover). I want those days back.

5. This draft is rife with defensive talent.

6. The current roster has good offensive talent that either was injured (QB, OL) or underperformed (WRs).

7. I agree: the injury to Heath might force a TE pick early in this draft. I was thinking that maybe Ertz might slip to 47ish. But, with that said, I would still rather go for a safety in that round.
The Steelers ranked 22nd in scoring behind the mighty Buffalo Bills. Heath was the best offensive weapon the Steelers had and with the current dink and dunk offensive scheme Wallace,Brown and Sanders were getting hammered over the middle and coughing it up regularly. Bama back Lacy looks worthy for spending a #1 on because his size and power,seems like a better pick at #1 over a LB. As for the Offensive line,they stunk at the beginning of the season and the stunk at the end.The Giants game does't change my mind on an offensive line that has gotten better but still isn't any good run blocking.Lets not forget failing on 2nd and 3rd down vs the Browns to gain 3 feet running it.

P
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote