View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #78
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I hear your concerns, but I think that BB's injury had a lot to do with the poor season. He was rolling... and then came the injury. And then, he played hurt. Before the injury, the offense was ranked 18th & improving... and then... an injury & a total collapse.

While 18th isn't great, it was indeed moving upwards in rankings. If BB had not gotten injured, the rise would have put the Steelers at about 15th... which isn't great, but isn't horrible.

A couple of losses came due to no pass-rush, and in turn, late-game FGs. An OLB would help greatly I'm that regard.

Regardless...

Even if one wanted to take an offensive player in R1, there isn't a player worthy of #17. It would make much more sense to get Lacy (or whomever) in R2**. Make sense?

**(or even Lacy in R3, and Ertz or Woods in R2).
If Lacy is still around in the 2nd then great,Bens injury was a big factor but fumbles was as well. The Steelers have a couple LBs (Spence and Carter) that I would like to see before dropping a #1 on another. I can see getting a SS (Elam) if he's worth the pick.Its comforting to know that with the exception of a couple of years the Steelers spend their 1st wisely!
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote