View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #79
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I hear your concerns, but I think that BB's injury had a lot to do with the poor season. He was rolling... and then came the injury. And then, he played hurt. Before the injury, the offense was ranked 18th & improving... and then... an injury & a total collapse.

While 18th isn't great, it was indeed moving upwards in rankings. If BB had not gotten injured, the rise would have put the Steelers at about 15th... which isn't great, but isn't horrible.

A couple of losses came due to no pass-rush, and in turn, late-game FGs. An OLB would help greatly I'm that regard.

Regardless...

Even if one wanted to take an offensive player in R1, there isn't a player worthy of #17. It would make much more sense to get Lacy (or whomever) in R2**. Make sense?

**(or even Lacy in R3, and Ertz or Woods in R2).
I think lacy stock will be rising over the next couple months leading up to the draft. If he runs a sub 4.5 he will most likely be the first rb selected. I really do like this kid. Even though he ran behide the best oline in college I really think he will be a bruising back with more speed than Dwyer and redman.

I'm on board with trading back round one select bpa and use he extra picks via the trade back to get lacy. The argument to not selecting lacy is that no matter his potential our online wont open the holes for him. But before colon and Adams went down our running game was pretty good even without decastro with backups Dwyer and redman.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is online now   Reply With Quote