Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #86
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Ben admits he rushed back too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Oh, so now he wasn't even hurt that bad, huh?

How long does it take for a rib dislocation to heal?

That is a hard question to answer because there are so many different levels person-to-person. Generally it takes about six weeks. Keep in mind that is just healing, that doesn't get the athlete ready to return to their sport.

Strengthening and conditioning are what is needed not only for recovery but for prevention.

There are potential complications that should be watched for. They are primarily shock and infection at the outset and as the patient goes along they must be watched for impaired blood flow.

The good news about a rib dislocation is that rarely is surgery required.

A rib dislocation is serious. A dislocated rib can also affect other parts of the body and there may always be more than one.

The best preparation is to understand what a rib dislocation is and get a victim immediate help.

In other words, fuck you.
You can stick it up your craw.

If Ben was supposedly hurt so bad and it was limiting him, he should have realized his limitations or not bother playing at all. He volunteered to step out on the field. He practiced, got the all clear, and played. I didn't put him out there. He and the coaches came to an agreement that he should play. You don't like people saying Ben is dumb? Sorry for pointing out the truth based around real evidence. What has Ben done in his years in Pittsburgh to prove otherwise?

Like I said, looking for the nearest excuse for your hero screwing up and refusing to hold him to a degree of responsibility. Scapegoat everyone else but Ben. Tomlin, Lebeau, everyone gets raked over the coals except him. What Ben fanboys refuse to address however, despite clear evidence being brought up is WHY Ben got injured to begin with. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't a just freak occurence or accident.

Ben screwed up and screwed the team over in 2012. No if's, and's, or but's about it. I put 2012 on the backburner and we'll see what happens beyond.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote