View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #126
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Rainey in Jail for Domestic Battery Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
I'm not going to give him a break. It is not okay to hit a woman, no matter what age a man is. Men know this, even those in their 20's. It's also not okay to mess with her purse without permission. I never touch a man's wallet without permission. I carry a ton of stuff in my purse and it's heavy. If a guy tried to take my purse, I would cause him great harm with it.

It's not okay if his girlfriend took his cell phone without permission either, but I don't know the circumstances on how or why she had it, so I can't really speak to that issue, but it still doesn't warrant Rainey hitting her.

Glad he was cut. Good riddance.

Ta'amu can hit the road, too, as far as I'm concerned.
And I think the Steelers are eager to try to right their ship after the Harrison and Ben incidents on - for lack of a better term - gender issues. As well they should, by the way. Their star lost a LOT of luster over those two incidents.

As far as Ta'amu, I know this sounds ridiculous, but you're really not supposed to fire someone for being a drunk. It might be a state-by-state thing, so I don't know if this applies in PA, but alcoholism is considered an illness. If he had an epileptic fit while driving, or went into a diabetic seizure on the highway, we certainly wouldn't be having this discussion now.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just that the legalities in Ta'amu's case are probably a lot more complicated than you think.