Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #58
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,242 Times in 553 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger: Cutler would like working with Arians

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post

Arians didn't leave he was forced into retirement. Have you ever heard of an offensive coordinator being forced into retirement before? I haven't. Normally they are just fired.

What is your reason for Arians being forced into retirement and how much influence did Arians being Roethlisberger's best friend in the organization play?

Is it possible the Steelers front office anticipated Roethlisberger's anger at Arians departure and were trying to do damage control?

No that's a conspiracy theory. The Steelers forced Arians into retiring so they wouldn't hurt his feelings.
I don't believe that there is anything mysterious or conspiratorial about any of this.

I simply believe that the Rooney's screwed the pooch in firing Arians and that's basically it.

I don't know if they did it because of personality clashes, politics, or even because of the "Fire Arians" campaign that existed here.

All I know is that BA is gone, I think the team is worse off now than it was as a result and I think that was a mistake to get rid of him.

Oh, and for the "Stats Junkies" here:

Immediately following the 6 instances of my use of the pronoun: "I", the following words or phrases were used:

" believe" - 2 times
"don't know" - 1 time
"I think" - 2 times
"know" - 1 time

This should statistically prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that 83% of my comments can be classified as OPINION.

And now I'll just go back to changing the p'ups in my guitar.

Have the kind of day you deserve!