Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,546 Times in 880 Posts
Default Re: Kovacevic: Steelers disciplined? Please, Mr Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
If we decline to draft any player that has had an issue in the past, we might as well forfeit all draft picks. Come on, we should pass on any kid coming out of college who drinks? Has gambled? You're SUPPOSED to do dumb shit when you're a kid. That's why when people do these things, everyone calls them a "Dumb kid". Rainey was a violent criminal, not a college kid who partied too hard. There's a major difference there. Dumb kids grow up, violent minds typically don't. I thought most Steeler fans had their ties to Pittsburgh, not Lancaster.
Keep in mind, as evidenced in both of these cases, they've remained dumb and that IS a problem. Somebody in the FO needs to invest in a Myers-Briggs profiling system...

Seriously, I was no saint back in the day either, but by the grace of God, I've made it to 60 years of age. Did I have a deep seated compromised character issue back then?? I'm not so sure. I don't now , not with drugs anyway, but it sure does show up from time to time in other areas, and again, by the grace of God's protection, I've managed to avoid the temptations.

Really, these kids need to know when they sign that contract, play time is over. This is especially true with Rainey as he has no family, other than the Pouncey's, and I'll bet, not real job prospects either.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote