View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #73
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703
Default Re: Lovie Smith Fired - Let's Grab Him as Defensive Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
The Steelers were ranked 3rd in the NFL in points surrendered in the 4th QTR with 3.8, and 21st in points scored in the 4th QTR with 5.7. No team scored fewer than 4.3 points in the 4th for the year so the Steelers actually held opponents below the average of the worst team in the league.

Yet another attempt to blame the defense that failed. Nobody would argue that the defense did not play more poorly in the beginning of the season, but it did more than enough down the stretch to win games.
I love Dick Lebeau. I love our defense. But at the start of the year and I know we can blame it on injuries and whatsoever it WAS a factor but they lost games for us.

We were busted wide open in the second half in Denver. Ok offense could have done more in the 4th quarter but the defense had it in hand. Really get abused by Matt Hasselback in totally embarrssing 2 4th quarter drives. And the baddest game in our season from the defensive standpoint. Get no control on Carson Palmer and the Raiders.

I'm sorry but that games were lost on a big part by the defense. I know in the first half of the season Harrison was practicly non-existent after his knee surgery. Polumalu was out. Hampton came back from a knee injury and wasn't a factor till late in the season but they lost for a fact that games that hurt as so much at the end of the season.

@lloydwoodson But your're also right they had a good season down the strech.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote