teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,056 Times in 5,931 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
There's too many playmaking WRs in this draft for us not to take one. I have us taking Robert Woods in the second round, but only because I think Cordarrelle Patterson and Tavon Austin are off the board. Adding Woods to our receiving corp would make it young and explosive and put a quality receiver opposite Brown that has sure hands and can run crisp routes.

Moving on to defense, with what Art Rooney said I very much doubt this team goes anywhere else in the first round other than a legitimate pass rusher. I also feel like Butler, Tomlin and LeBeau are going to have to have a chat with Woodley and ask him what the fuck happened this year. If Butler said his injuries have been preventable, then we need to find out what happened and fix it. Now. We can't afford to pay an OLB 60 million for him to be ineffective.

Again, that's why I have Jordan and Woods as our first two picks.
Nice post.

btw: I love Tavon Austin.

Not that he should be the pick at 17... but, you mentioned him, and I wanted to state my adoration.

Anyway, I agree OLB seems to be the pick... but, I'd also like a safety. I could see a WR taken in the later rounds, but, then again, BB has been asking for a big WR... which Woods is.

Still, I see it going OLB & S (or, S & OLB).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote