Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,788 Times in 3,798 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft: Steelers prospects at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
Like I often said on many occasions I really would love us to get Joseph Randle. Think he is really a prospect to help us for years in the backfield. He's fast, tall and runs with a great attitude.

Also liking the kid out of Arkansas, Knile Davis. But only the one in 2010. Could we get that kid we would ave a real stud. But after missing the whole second year due to a ankle injury (I think it was) he looked kind of slow and that he lost a step. If he can bring the kid from 2010 back at the combine. I would get him a shot in the 5th Round.

Why is everybody so big on Lacey? We have the exact player in Mendenhall and he is proven. Re-sign him if you want a guy like Lacey. We don't have to give away a very valueble draft pick for this.
You're right. Mendenhall is a big, fast, man that can catch the ball. Unfortunately, he has the head of a 5 year old. If Lacey can bring everything that he shows physically, with a maturity and determination that far exceeds Mendy, he can be special. I also love how he picks up blitzes. He runs with a nastiness that I think fans here would love. His physical style and every down ability makes him a good fit for what the Steelers say they want to do.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote