View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #59
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,767 Times in 9,310 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Will Steelers Be Able To Keep FA CB Keenan Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
$ 15 mio?!?! You do realize we have cap problems and you wanna give them 8 and 7 mio a year?!?! Are you crazy!!

Lewis played good this year ok I have to give him that. 5-6 Mio you definitly have to give him. But he only produced one year for us you can't give away money like sweets, man.

And Cortez Allen still has 2 years on his rookie contract so calm down a little.
So... what would be your preference?

Let Lewis walk? Then, let Alken walk? And, keep drafting CBs?

I'm seriously asking.

First, as they do most years, the Steelers will cut the dead weight. Last year, it was Hines, Farrior, & Aaron Smith. This year, I expect a few more (eg The Colon). In Omar Khan I trust.

Plus, there are many other needs that need to be addresses in the draft, specifically OLB & S. So, "having" to use those picks on other positions (CB) would hinder their draft plans.

Lastly, Pittsburgh has been known for drafting & then signing their own players (the good ones). Lewis is a good CB, which warrants $7-8 million per year. Allen, I agree, could play one more year on his current contract... but, if you give a guy a smaller contract earlier, he'll usually accept it (make sense?).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote