Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Imagine that, Plax contributing to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
I don't think he is the key to victory. He is an ingredient to a formula - an ingredient the Steelers sorely miss. I don't think the issue is that it is Plex, just the fact that he is a huge receiver who can make catches, especially in the end zone. The last game proved he could contribute, and guess what, they won!

What does this team need with yet another speedy, stone-handed 5' 11" 195 lb. receiver anyway? We have enough of those. We need a large, physical WR and another TE to complement Miller.
I'm guessing none of you remember Plax playing in Pittsburgh the first time around. He had all the talent then too. He was known for stopping in the middle of routes, lazy at times and other than 1 season was pretty average.

The Steelers decided to sign Hines Ward big and let Plax walk away.

Fast forward to 2012......8 years older, a convicted felon and had not played in over a year. I just don't grasp how people on this board could possibly think this guy could be a key piece to a Winning team.
TheVet (01-15-2013)