Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Grumpy
Default Re: P-G Final Report Card: Steelers earn a C-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I don't think it's a great idea to overreact and say that the coach sucks, or they need a complete rebuild. I think we'll know by the end of next year. Let's get some people healthy and get some younger talent injected into the roster. The only thing I know for sure is that we are never going to score big points if our receivers don't improve drastically, or are replaced with more dynamic players in a better system. In the NFL, you score points with the passing game. Every expert I have heard talk about the league says that with the current rules and the state of the game in general, you must score the majority of your points through the air. The inability to catch and hold on to balls by this group was disturbing to watch, particularly after we've had to listen to how the Steelers have the best set of WR in the league. I think it's apparant to everyone that that is not the case by a long shot.

Let's see how everyone that is still with the team next year responds to a bad year with many bad individual performances.
I don't think saying the coaching sucked would be an overreaction because it did.Special teams were infected with problems, Haley's play calling was awful and Tomlin prepped the team well for 2-3 games the entire season. Individual performance lacked,injuries were a killer but coaching was lacking in most departments and it was apparent week in and week out, sure calling for Tomlins head was extreme and maybe uncalled for but Tomlin was a terrible head coach this year and his lame,worthless,predictable post game conferences made plenty of fans and analysts asking what the hell is Tomlin doing during the week.
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote