View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo is a Complete Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Who cares about Spygate? What matters is what's happening on the field and they execute better than any other team.

I never bought into this cheating stuff. They have been dominating the AFC for more than a decade and taping the opponents has nothing to do with it. Plus, everyone can look at tapes, there's no secret.

When HCs, coordinators and players switch teams regularly, nobody needs to spy on the opponents to know what their playbook contains

I'm gonna get flamed for it but that's my position.
I agree - "cheating" or no, the Pats are one solid organization. Teams who lose the Super Bowl over the last decade not only have a hard time the season after, but over the long haul they tend to fade as well. The Pats have rebounded nicely after their 2007 SB defeat.

As for the "cheating" stuff - the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles definitely had their chances. Mike Martz abandoning the run game, John Fox going for 2 in the 3rd qtr(and John Kasey kicking it out of bounds before the last drive), and Andy Reid's poor clock management played a factor as well.

As for the "tuck rule" in 2001 - the Raiders lost 3 games that year they had no business doing so(one to lowly Arizona at home). Otherwise, they would have had the #2 seed instead, and no way they lose to the Pats at home.